Bee Hives - Kenyan Top Bar & Warré Hives For Sale

Equipment, hives, swarms.
Bee related items ONLY
Jonj

Bee Hives - Kenyan Top Bar & Warré Hives For Sale

Post by Jonj » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:24 am

Kenyan Top Bar Hives for sale - made locally (by me) from 23mm Cupressus Macrocarpa boards (Golden Cypress) for extra thermal protection with Western Red Cedar roof panels for protection from Sun, Wind & Rain. Complete with two follower board, central entrance and full set of Top Bars with waxed starter strips. Assembled, Oiled (Orange Tung Oil), Delivered and Installed (ACT & surrounds). On- going support provided as necessary, plus first call on a Swarm to populate it - $650

Warré Hives - 3 boxes, quilt box and Gable Roof, made from 22mm Cupressus Macrocarpa boards (Golden Cypress) for extra thermal protection. All parts are screwd together, no nails, no glue. Includes Beetltra base for non toxic Small Hive Beetle control, 24 x 3 sided frames with waxed starter strips, quilt box, painted gable roof, all parts protected by non toxic Orange Tung Oil - $450

Jon - 0417 293 009

vickiehj

Re: Bee Hives - Kenyan Top Bar & Warré Hives built to order

Post by vickiehj » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:09 am

Hi Jon, thanks for all the good info on Saturday. We talked about the roof on the KTB and how mine is lift off and heavy. Do you do onsite consults? I'd love you to have a look at mine and adapt it - if possible. I can see how it might work, but don't have the tools or skill to do it myself. The hive is empty at the moment but I'm 'expecting' later this week. Short notice, but as they say - you don't know what you don't know! Cheers, Vickie :)

Jonj

Re: Bee Hives - Kenyan Top Bar & Warré Hives built to order

Post by Jonj » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:29 am

Vickie, I have emailed you privately. Jon