The Association is looking for volunteers to manage a stall at the Wetlands to help show the Association's involvement with the Wetlands site. Volunteers would be sited close to the "roped off" apiary and be available to provide the visitors with information about the bees, the hives and the Association.
Last year, there were about 800 people in attendance, and the organisers are expecting more this time.
Please read the following brief, and if you are interested contact John Grubb at the.grubbs.@gmail.com
“World Wetlands Open Day” at Jerrabomberra Wetlands - Brief
Date: Sunday 7th February
Time: 10am – 3pm
Location: Jerrabomberra Wetlands Office - 2 Dairy Rd Fyshwick
Overview – Promotional Statement
On Sunday 7 February 2016, the Woodlands and Wetlands Trust in partnership with the ACT Government, are hosting an exciting and fun-filled Open Day at Jerrabomberra Wetlands. Bring your family and friends and help celebrate World Wetlands Day! There will be activities for the whole family including wetland discovery walks, heritage tours, live music, art displays, Indigenous cultural activities, outdoor photographic exhibitions, a variety of children’s activities, food, stalls and more. Entry is by gold coin donation with all proceeds supporting the work of the Trust at Jerrabomberra Wetlands. The fun begins at 10 am and continues until 3 pm at 2 Dairy Road Fyshwick.
• A variety of stallholders have been invited to participate, and include a range of promotional displays and products for sale as well as food and drinks. The theme for the day is about Wetlands but there will also be an underlying theme a promoting nature, exercise and healthy eating.
• There is no cost to set up a stall, although businesses / individuals selling items are encouraged to donate a small percentage of proceeds to the Woodlands and Wetlands Trust to help cover costs.
• Sponsorship opportunities are also available.
• Target audience is the broad Canberra community including individuals of all ages as well as families. It is anticipated that approximately 1000 people will attend (last year this figure was approx 800).
• Stallholders will be allocated a space on the grass around the Jerrabomberra Wetlands office and down towards the Wetlands carpark. Location can be negotiated, and is on a first come first serve basis.
• Stallholders will be responsible for supplying all their own equipment and materials including marquees, tables, chairs and other items.
• Art displays will have the option to be hosted inside the wetlands offices.
• Set up will be from 7am onwards.
• Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.
Announcements and Info for New Members.
1 post • Page 1 of 1